By Govind Agrawal
* the one publication describing functions of nonlinear fiber optics * new chapters at the most modern advancements: hugely nonlinear fibers and quantum purposes * insurance of biomedical purposes * difficulties supplied on the finish of every bankruptcy the improvement of recent hugely nonlinear fibers - known as microstructured fibers, holey fibers and photonic crystal fibers - is the following new release expertise for all-optical sign processing and biomedical functions. This re-creation has been completely up to date to include those key expertise advancements. The publication offers sound assurance of the basics of lightwave know-how, besides fabric on pulse compression thoughts and rare-earth-doped fiber amplifiers and lasers. The broadly revised chapters contain details on fiber-optic communique structures and the ultrafast sign processing innovations that utilize nonlinear phenomena in optical fibers. New fabric makes a speciality of the functions of hugely nonlinear fibers in components starting from wavelength laser tuning and nonlinear spectroscopy to biomedical imaging and frequency metrology. applied sciences reminiscent of quantum cryptography, quantum computing, and quantum communications also are lined in a brand new bankruptcy. This e-book should be an excellent reference for: R&D engineers engaged on constructing subsequent iteration optical elements; scientists concerned with study on fiber amplifiers and lasers; graduate scholars and researchers operating within the fields of optical communications and quantum details. * the single publication on find out how to strengthen nonlinear fiber optic purposes * new chapters at the newest advancements; hugely Nonlinear Fibers and Quantum purposes * assurance of biomedical functions
Read or Download Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) PDF
Best optics books
Supplies an advent to the optical houses of solids, together with many new themes that experience no longer been formerly lined in different reliable country texts at this point. Softcover. Hardcover on hand.
Optical technological know-how, the technological know-how that reviews the character of sunshine, may be approached from a number of diverse angles. during this 3rd version of a profitable and well-established textual content, the writer makes a speciality of actual and geometrical optics. The textual content is predicated principally on Fourier research and exhibits how this technique can be utilized to explain wave propagation and diffraction and their functions to imaging, microscopy, X-ray crystallography, radio-astronomy, and communique.
Ellipsometry is a special optical means of nice sensitivity for in situ non-destructive characterization of floor (inter-facial) phenomena (reactions) using the switch within the country of polarization of a light-wave probe. even though identified for nearly a century, using ellipsometry has elevated quickly within the final 20 years.
This educational offers optomechanical modeling suggestions to successfully layout and research high-performance optical platforms. It discusses thermal and structural modeling tools that use finite-element research to foretell the integrity and function of optical parts and optical aid buildings.
- Handbook of Optical Materials
- Large and middle-scale aperture aspheric surfaces : lapping, polishing and measurement
- Field Guide to Diffractive Optics (SPIE Field Guide Vol. FG21)
- Laser Spectroscopy - Basic Concepts, Instrumentation
Additional info for Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series)
Soc. Am. B 22, 354 (2005). P. St. J. Russell, J. Mod. Opt. 38, 1599 (1991). H. A. Haus, Waves and Fields in Optoelectronics (Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1984). D. Marcuse, Theory of Dielectric Optical Waveguides (Academic Press, San Diego, CA, 1991). A. Yariv, Optical Electronics in Modern Communications, 5th ed. (Oxford University Press, New York, 1997). G. P. Agrawal and N. K. Dutta, Semiconductor Lasers, 2nd ed. (Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1993). B. Crosignani, A. Cutolo, and P.
Lidgard, and M. D. Gallagher, J. Appl. Phys. 78, 2940 (1995).  S. R. Baker, H. N. Rourke, V. Baker, and D. Goodchild, J. Lightwave Technol. 15, 1470 (1997).  S. Kannan, J. Z. Y. Gus, and P. J. Lemaire, J. Lightwave Technol. 15, 1478 (1997).  N. K. Viswanathan and D. L. LaBrake, J. Lightwave Technol. 22, 1990 (2004).  J. Canning, Opt. Fiber Technol. 6, 275 (2000). 50                                Chapter 1.
From a practical standpoint, one needs to know the amount of peak power Pin required to excite the fundamental Bragg soliton. The soliton period z0 is another important parameter relevant for soliton formation since it sets the length scale over which optical solitons evolve. We can use Eq. 8) with N = 1 to estimate both of them. Using the expressions for β2g and γg from Eq. 76T0 . Both Pin and z0 depend through v on detuning of the laser wavelength from the edge of the stop band located at δ = κ.
Applications of Nonlinear Fiber Optics, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) by Govind Agrawal